So, we got our floral estimate from Disney, and even though I was prepared to be shocked, I was still pretty flabbergasted at the price of what little floral we asked for.
Remember that this was my inspiration for the bouquets, which will double as centerpieces:
- Bride's bouquet of red dahlia, eggplant mini calla lilies, purple hydrangea, purple lisianthis, and hot pink freesia; wrapped stem of ivory satin ribbon: $325.
- Bridesmaid bouquets (smaller version of bride's bouquet, with black & white striped ribbon): $175 each (x6 = $1,050)
- Varied boutonnieres of calla lilies, roses, and freesia in the color scheme of calla lilies, roses, and freesia, with black & white striped ribbons: $13.25 - $20.25 each (x11 = $160.75)
- Wrist corsages of spray roses & TBD ribbon: $28.25 each (x3 = 84.75)
Did you do the math? That's $2,220.50 (plus tax) on just. Personal. Floral. I don't even have THAT big of a wedding party! (If you're wondering where the 11 boutonnieres come from, that includes 2 fathers, 1 grandfather, and the officiant.) Personal floral is the only floral/decor that Disney will allow us to use an outside vendor for, so you can probably guess what our decision was there.
Moving on to ceremony floral. Remember that this is (weather permitting...knock on wood) our ceremony will take place:
So here is what they quoted us:
- Coordinating floral arrangements in glass buckets, hanging from shepherd's hooks, on aisles 1, 3, and 6: $120 each (x6 = $720)
- AND/OR floral 'cluster' tied with black & white ribbon to hang on the side of end chairs: $50 each.
- AND/OR black and white ribbon bows to hang on backs of chairs: $20 each.
We decided to cut way, way down. We're going to just do two 'clusters' on either side of the first row, and then two ribbons on either side of the very last row. That way, if we do get moved inside due to weather, we don't have absolutely nothing. This brings our total ceremony floral cost to $140.
- Resort to provide black tablecloths & white napkins (WHAT?? SOMETHING FREE?? Amazing.)
- Black & white striped table runners - $10 each (x6 tables on main floor and sweetheart table = $70)
- 62 white chiavari black chairs with white cushions = $558.
- 10-inch rectangular vases for bouquets to go in - $10 each x 7 = $70.
- Scatter red, pink, & purple rose petals around vases - $16.50 each x 7 = $115.50
- For 4-tops: 6-inch bubble bowl filled with water & floating rose bloom for 4-top tables - $10.25 each x 15 = $153.75
- Other option for 4-tops: 15-inch Monet vase with floating candle - $13.25 each x 15 = 198.75
- Scattered rose petals on 4-tops - $5.50 each x 15 = $82.50
$16.50 seems like a lot for scattered petals, but I think it will add a little luxury to a relatively simple design on the main floor. It's not like we have giant tall centerpieces - it's just the bouquets! We decided to forgo the flower petals on the 4-top tables though, because they're already pretty small - once the centerpieces, napkins, and table settings are there, I don't think you'd even see the rose petals.
Choosing between the Monet vase and the bubble bowl, it was pretty much a toss-up, but I like that the bubble bowl actually had some color to it. Plus, it was a little cheaper. Bubble bowls it is!
So. Once we subtract personal floral (to be explained in the next post), what we ultimately ended up with from Disney Floral adds up to $1,248.69, which includes tax and delivery fees. It doesn't sound so bad, really...until you realize how little it is. The chairs take up about half of that, and then we're getting about $600 worth of decor on top of those. Eh, whattayagonnado. I feel like we've cut down to as minimal as we'd like to get. Could we cut everything altogether if we really wanted to? I suppose...but it's not what I envision.
Up next...what we're doing for personal floral!